Get ready to Feed the City, experience a Taste of Paris, have farm fun at Frisco Fresh Market, or Roll with The Council! All of this and more… This Week in Frisco!
To receive our two quick-read emails per week with WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO GO, and WHO TO KNOW in Frisco, you must subscribe via email…
Monday, May 13
FISD School Board Meeting: 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm at the Frisco ISD Administration Building, 5515 Ohio Drive. A regular meeting of the FISD Board of Trustees.
Mix, Mingle and Meet Monat: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Bonnie Ruth’s. Come alone or bring a friend for a social, half-priced drinks and a burger for $6.50. Ask for Lisa Stubbs when you arrive!
Tuesday, May 14
Get to Know Frisco Spring Fling: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm at Verona Villa. A monthly mixer to help welcome our new residents and businesses and get you connected to your new city. Open to the whole family, enjoy a DJ, lawn games, Tri-tip grill food truck, Jungle Joe’s-presented fun for the kids, face painter, and Lincoln Experience Center giveaways.
Women Enhancing Business Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm in the Dancer Room at Hall Park, 2801 Network Blvd #160, Frisco. Topic: How Non-Profits Create the Culture of Our Community, featuring Mike Simpson, CEO of Boys and Girls Club of Collin County, Dawn Cruzan, President/Founder of Camp Craig Allen, and Nicole S. Bursey, Executive Director of Frisco Family Svcs.
Wednesday, May 15
Write Club: 6:45 pm – 8:45 pm in the McCallum Room, 4th Floor, Frisco Public Library. This local writers group provides critiques, support, and networking opportunities to both published and aspiring authors in all genres of writing. From blogger to novelist, all writers are welcome.
Thursday, May 16
A Taste of Paris Pop-Up: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at UP Inspired Kitchen. Experiencing new cultures and traveling with friends can be one of the best ways to Live UP! Join Lorie Fangio from A Taste of Paris and take your taste buds on a Parisian culinary adventure without even having to pack your suitcase.
NBCF Women of Hope Awards: 10:30 am at Verona Villa. Please join the National Breast Cancer Foundation and their inspiring speaker Joan Lunden, award-winning journalist, and breast cancer survivor, as we honor the Women of Hope in our North Texas community. Limited seating; tickets should be purchased in advance.
Shopping and Services
Sip, Shop, and Stroll: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at The Shops at Starwood, 6959 Lebanon Rd, Frisco. Participating locations will have specials, light bites/desserts, beverages and more! A raffle prize, valued at $1,000.00, will be given to one lucky winner at the end of the evening.
Frisco RoughRiders: 7:05 pm at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Frisco RoughRiders vs. Amarillo. Bonus: Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard.
Friday, May 17
Theatre Frisco Presents “A Red Plaid Shirt”: 8:00 pm at the Frisco Discovery Center. A comedy about retirement, crazy ideas and how, with a little help and understanding, even retired guys can find their way.
Music in the Chamber: 8:00 pm in Frisco City Council Chambers, a state-of-the-art acoustically designed space by architects involved with NYC’s Radio City Music Hall. Featuring Plano Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensemble.
Who Runs the World: 7:00 – 9:30 pm at Frisco Hall. An elegant cocktail evening celebrating women of all ages, with a panel of speakers representing many of the joys and pains of womanhood. 25% off tickets with code: friscolifestyle
Frisco RoughRiders: 7:05 pm at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Frisco RoughRiders vs. Amarillo. Bonus: Game of Thrones Night!
Saturday, May 18
Lifestyle Frisco Day at Frisco Fresh Market: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Several local businesses and services that are clients of Lifestyle Frisco will be setting up interactive booths. Come learn about them and enjoy the market while you shop.
Frisco Rotary Farmer’s Market: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm at 8821 4th Street. Every Saturday from April 20 – October 26 shop farm-fresh produce, meats, eggs, baked goods, preserves, fresh flowers, soap, handcrafted items and more.
Feed the City Frisco: 8:30 am – 11:00 am at Dr Pepper Ballpark. A fun, family-friendly, community event to make sandwiches for local shelters, which are distributed immediately to those in need. Please visit the website for more info about what to bring and how to participate.
Health and Fitness
Komen North Texas Race for the Cure: 8:00 am at The Star in Frisco. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series raises significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Event includes a 5K Run/Walk, 1-Mile Family Fun Run, free food and giveaways, and live music.
Roll with The Council: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at Frisco Commons Park. Pedal with your City of Frisco elected officials at a conversational pace. Route is 6.5 miles with a combination of off and on street, including Oak Brook Park and Caddo Trail.
Kids and Family
Sci-Tech Finisar Mobile Laser Lab: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. Frisco’s leading family-friendly cultural and educational destination, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, will officially launch its new Finisar Mobile Laser Lab with a public event. At the launch, museum-goers will receive discounted admission and be able to experiment with several optics-themed demonstrations throughout the day.
Theatre Frisco Presents “A Red Plaid Shirt”: 2:30 pm and 8:00 pm showings at the Frisco Discovery Center. A comedy about retirement, crazy ideas and how, with a little help and understanding, even retired guys can find their way.
Frisco RoughRiders: 7:05 pm at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Frisco RoughRiders vs. Amarillo. Bonus: SkyLit Saturday fireworks.
Sunday, May 19
Kids and Family
Petting Zoo Fun at Frisco Fresh Market: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm at Frisco Fresh Market. Back by popular demand, come play with mini goats, sheep, rabbits, ducks, chickens, a mini cow, a mini donkey, a mini horse, and a piggy. Entry is $5 a person/child. (Cash only, you’ll pay just before entering.)
Theatre Frisco Presents “A Red Plaid Shirt”: 2:30 pm at the Frisco Discovery Center. A comedy about retirement, crazy ideas and how, with a little help and understanding, even retired guys can find their way.
Heritage Center Third Sunday Open House: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. ree fun for all ages. All historic buildings and the Frisco Heritage Museum are open to the public free of charge. Kids crafts and games, entertainment, live animals, working blacksmiths, and docent-guided tours.
Frisco RoughRiders: 4:05 pm at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Frisco RoughRiders vs. Amarillo. Bonus: Bark in the Park. Enjoy America’s pastime with man’s best friend!
FC Dallas: 2:00 pm at Toyota Stadium. FC Dallas vs Los Angeles Football Club.
What MOVES You?
4549 Limerick Lane, Frisco, TX, 75034: Custom home with gated porte-cochere. Backyard retreat w beautiful pool and hot tub, outdoor living with fireplace. Hand scraped wood floors, new carpet 2019, custom woodwork trim, Chef’s kitchen.
8833 Beartooth Drive, Frisco, TX, 75036: Wonderful floorplan with great sunroom addition! New AC and 2 yr old roof! Beautiful dining room with wood flooring off open foyer. Versatile formal living room can be used as study. Kitchen with large breakfast bar.
11925 Ashaway Lane, Frisco, TX, 75035: Lush landscaping surrounds this elegant Darling Home. Gorgeous backyard w pool/covered patio. Lrg covered porch, custom iron door, dramatic foyer, sweeping staircase, iron banister, elegant wood floors.
1301 Kirkwood Lane, Prosper, TX, 75078: This 1.5 story home is perfect inside & out! Lrge front porch/open floor plan. Fresh paint, updated COREtec plus luxury flooring/updated modern lighting throughout. Stunning kitchen, pool.
May Deals and Discounts
- Monat Anti-Aging Products: Give your hair what it needs and save money! CUSTOMIZED toxin-free hair products JUST for YOU! No more frizz, thinning hair, split ends, unmanageable hair or fading color! Take this FREE 3-minute quiz to get started.
- Dwell Yoga Studio: Summer Special – 20 classes for $249. Available for purchase through June 8. Great for teachers, college students and those home for summer!! Book here.
- Oasis Accents: All items in Oasis Accents’ clearance section are 50% off, while supplies last.
- Serendipity Labs: In May, get one week of free co-working and 20% off first meeting room!
- Tumbleweed TexStyles: Get 25% in May with code TWT25
- BEYOND Studios: $10 off new client 2 week intro package for Lifestyle Frisco readers with promo code FRISCO. Only $49 (Reg $59) for 14 days of Unlimited Pilates classes.
- Jungle Joe’s: Get 50% off a Jungle Joe’s Explorers VIP family Membership for a full year!
- Frisco School of Music and Performing Arts: $10 Off One Summer Camp! Limit one per family per summer, may not be combined with any other offer.
- Tutor Doctor: Enroll in our 2x/week Summer Tutoring program, and receive $50 off!
- Anderson Insurance Agency: Stop by in May for a free spring gift from Anderson Insurance Agency!
- Linder Legacy Group: 25% off Who Runs the World event ticket with promo code: friscolifestyle
- Mochas and Javas: Civil Service Appreciation Week at Mochas and Javas: Sunday, May 5th – Saturday, May 11th: FREE drip coffee + employee pricing on all other items. And for all customers, on the last Saturday of the month (May 25th) get HALF OFF all food items!
- Growing IQ: Signup for summer camp or book a FREE assessment by May 31st. Mention “LIFESTYLE FRISCO” when you register for a weekly class and get a 15% discount.
- Practical Fitness: Practical Fitness Summer Partners Promotion: 20% off a 3 or 6-month package when you and a friend, partner, spouse join together! Call 469-514-5733 for your no-cost consultation.
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar: Buy $100 gift card and receive a $20 gift card!
- Conquer Fitness and Performance: Get a free 3-Day Pass! New clients get to try any 3 of our classes completely free. Get your pass here.
The post This Week in Frisco – Week of Monday, May 13, 2019 appeared first on lifestylefrisco.com.