UPDATED: Mar 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
Here’s the Scoop
- Union Mutual offers services ranging from home and auto coverage to flood and commercial insurance
- Plans are customizable and include many savings opportunities
- The company is well-rated by A.M. Best but has few customer reviews
Comparing the best homeowners insurance companies is never easy. Searching for the right policy is tricky. You want to ensure your assets are protected, but maybe you don’t know where to start. We have got you covered. We take the stress out of shopping for insurance with honest company reviews and free and easy quotes. Today, we’ll look at Union Mutual and the products they offer.
This article will explore the coverage available with Union Mutual. We will break down the policy types, benefits, financial ratings, and customer reviews to help you make an informed decision.
Union Mutual Insurance Coverage
Union Mutual provides a wide variety of products to customers across New England and New York. The company has its headquarters in Vermont and has provided insurance for over 100 years.
Union Mutual offers services ranging from homeowners insurance to commercial business protection. Each plan contains multiple discount opportunities, and you can customize them with additional coverage.
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Union Mutual Homeowners Insurance
Union Mutual’s insurance plans for homeowners protect what matters most. A policy through Union Mutual covers your home and personal belongings under various circumstances.
Union Mutual’s homeowners insurance plans include the following protections:
- Dwelling coverage. If damaged by weather, theft, or vandalism, the program covers your home.
- Coverage for other structures. Your homeowners plan covers other buildings on your property, such as garages and sheds.
- Personal property. Personal belongings, like clothes, furniture, and appliances, are covered under this policy.
- Personal liability. Your plan pays for accidental injuries or damages caused to others on your property.
- Medical payments. This feature pays for bodily injuries to non-household members hurt on your property.
Union Mutual homeowners policies are available in the following types:
- HO-2 (broad form). This plan provides coverage for your home and personal belongings on a named perils basis.
- HO-3 (special form). This policy protects your house and other structures on an open peril basis. Personal possessions are covered on a named perils basis.
- HO-4 (renters). This coverage is designed for tenants and protects personal belongings on a named perils basis.
- HO-5 (comprehensive form). This is the broadest type of homeowner protection. It covers the home, other structures, and personal property on an open perils basis.
- HO-6 (unit-owners). This plan is for condo-owners. It protects personal belongings on a named perils basis.
Union Mutual’s homeowners plans are available by speaking with an agent.
Union Mutual Homeowners Add-On Coverage
Besides standard coverage, Union Mutual offers several types of add-on protection for homeowners. You may customize your homeowners plan with the following coverage
- Homeowners elite & plus endorsements. These are enhancements to boost your coverage. They include protection for libel and slander cases, credit and debit cards, and backed-up sewers and drains.
- Identity fraud protection. This coverage pays for lost income and additional expenses if someone steals your identity.
- Scheduled personal property. You can get additional coverage for your valuables, such as fine art, jewelry, and firearms.
- Home Business. You may benefit from this plan if you run a business from your home. It’s added to your homeowners policy and eliminates the need for a separate commercial plan.
- Secondary home coverage. You can add this protection to your homeowners policy. It covers homes you use regularly but do not live in full time.
- Seasonal home coverage. This plan protects vacation homes. It is designed for houses that are unoccupied for three months or more during the year.
Customizing your policy with an add-on plan may be a smart way to enhance your coverage and save money.
Union Mutual Homeowners Discounts
Union Mutual offers many discounts with its plans. Some savings opportunities available with a homeowners policy include:
- Smart device deductible waiver. You can receive up to $2,500 if you have specific smart devices installed when the loss occurs.
- Superior home discount. Single-family homes built in the last 25 years may qualify for this discount.
- New home discount. You can save it if your home is 15 years old or newer.
- Standing seam roof credit. This discount is for homes with a standing seam roof that is 40 years old or newer.
- In-line generator credit. If your home has a permanently installed generator, you may qualify for this discount.
- Deductible credits. Union Mutual offers several deductible options up to a max of $10,000.
- Customer loyalty discount. You automatically receive this discount when you renew your policy.
- Protective devices discount. You can receive this discount for installing protective devices, such as fire alarms, burglar alarms, and sprinkler systems.
- Home and auto discount. Bundling your home and auto insurance with Union Mutual can save you money.
You may be eligible for more discounts and can speak to an agent to learn more about your specific situation.
Union Mutual Auto Insurance
Union Mutual’s auto insurance plans are available in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
Car insurance with Union Mutual covers the following:
- Liability. This protection covers bodily injuries and property damage you cause others.
- Medical payments. This protection pays for accident-related injuries to you or family members that live with you.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist. If you are hurt by a driver with no insurance or insufficient insurance, this plan can protect you.
With Union Mutual auto insurance, you can insure personal cars, custom cars, motor homes, recreational vehicles, utility trailers, and horse trailers.
Union Mutual also offers a variety of riders to customize your policy. An agent can give you more details about endorsements available to you.
Union Auto Insurance Add-On Coverage
Besides standard protection, the best car insurance companies provide extensive coverage to protect your assets. Union Mutual offers the following additional auto coverage options:
- Collision insurance. This plan pays for damages caused by hitting another object.
- Comprehensive insurance. Damage caused by non-collision events, like weather, theft, or vandalism, is covered by this plan.
- Towing and labor. This protection covers the cost of towing your car if it breaks down and the work to fix it.
- Rental reimbursement. If you have to rent a vehicle after your car is damaged in a covered accident, this coverage can help pay for the costs.
You can use these coverages to customize your plan, and further protect your vehicle.
Union Auto Insurance Discounts
A wide array of discounts is available with Union Mutual’s auto insurance. You may be eligible for some of the following savings opportunities:
- Multicar discount. Insuring more than one vehicle with Union Mutual qualifies you for this discount.
- Company car discount. You can receive this discount if you insure your personal car with Union Mutual and your job provides you with a company car on a full-time basis.
- Good student credit. Full-time students under 25 can receive this discount.
- Driver education credit. Young drivers who complete a driver education program can receive this discount.
- Student away at school credit. Students 100 miles from home without a vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Safety feature credit. A car with anti-theft devices, anti-lock brakes, and passive restraints may qualify for this discount on coverage.
You may be eligible for more discounts depending on your policy and needs.
What other types of insurance does Union Mutual offer?
Besides home and auto insurance, Union Mutual offers protection to business owners.
Additionally, the company provides umbrella and dwelling fire insurance. It also partners with the National Flood Insurance Program to provide flood insurance to customers in specific areas.
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Union Mutual Ratings & Reviews
When searching for the right insurance company, don’t forget to consult the financial ratings and customer reviews. These two sources provide us with great insights into a company’s credibility and its treatment of customers.
Union Financial Ratings
Third-party institutions generate financial ratings. These impartial reviewers explore the company’s finances to determine whether it can meet its obligations.
With A.M. Best, one of the country’s most trusted financial rating agencies, Union Mutual has an A (excellent) rating. Its outlook is listed as stable.
Union Mutual Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are arguably the most important source of information about a company. They tell us how a business treats its customers and if it honors its obligations.
Customer reviews for Union Mutual are limited. For this article, we consulted some of the most trusted sources of consumer reviews.
While Union Mutual is not Better Business Bureau accredited, it does have an A+ rating based on customer information. The company has one negative review with BBB, resulting in a 1/5-star rating.
Union Mutual has a 3.91/5-star rating with Clearsurance based on four reviews.
The few negative reviews complain of poor customer service. The positive comments praise the friendly agents and helpful service.
Union Mutual Insurance in a Nutshell
Union Mutual provides insurance coverage across New England and New York. Home and auto insurance, dwelling fire, umbrella, flood, and commercial insurance are among its services.
A.M Best gives the company an A rating, but no other significant agencies have rated Union Mutual. While customer reviews are limited, they are also mixed. There are, however, more positive remarks than negative.
Overall, Union Mutual offers many services and many discount opportunities. You can bundle products and customize them to fit your situation.
Union Mutual might be an excellent choice for you, but remember to do research. Compare many companies and their rates to find the best solution for you.